View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 11:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coeur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try to die nearish a door where drumas or i can drag you from [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol. Hey now, I usually did my own CRs! There were quite a few times my backup charisma gear and clickies in the bank helped me recover from the ol quad-harmtouch-of-doom attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Achievement: Go Outside
Some of us have enough virtual and RL skills to be able to accomplish something in RL and something in P99 in a single 24-hour period [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about seeing what players can do without clickies. That would be more impressive imo.

Puppet strings shouldn't even be allowed in any of these contests, they totally destroy any novelty of accomplishing a hard solo kill when they are used.

These contests should involve no one helping with anything, nor any clickies, period.
This shit is about what's fun for the people who are actually doing it. Some of the people like to do it with minimal/no clickies. Some don't. If you don't think Svenn soloing the sebilite protector was bad ass just because he used strings in the process, then you're dumb. If you don't think Loraen soloing spore king was great just because he didn't one shot it while naked, then you're dumb. Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, not to be off topic, but I'd really like to see the challenge opened to lower lvls.
What about a special list for characters below 50 ? Lets say challenge can be started as early as 30. Below is a list (max lvl means you cant attempt target if you're above that lvl.)
- Runnyeye : the goblin king lvl 25 war (max lvl 30)
- Permafrost : high priest zaharn lvl 30 cleric (max lvl 35)
- Najena : the widowmistress lvl 35 (max lvl 40)
- Cazic thule : avatar of fear lvl 38 sk (max lvl 40)
- Paw : the ishva mal lvl 40 necro (max lvl 45)
- Kaesora : Xalgoz lvl 42 necro (max lvl 47)
- Dalnir : the kly lvl 40 wizard / Overseers of Kly if not up (max lvl 45)
- Lower guk : a frenzied ghoul lvl 42 war (max lvl 49)
- Lower guk : The ghoul arch magus lvl 45 wizard (max lvl 49)

Well, I'm sure there are more to add to the list
This is fun, yeah. I wanted to sponsor a low-level SAC back when I was still playing Tecmos, but then I got caught up in something else with my plat instead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Solo challenge v1 was 90% puppet string abuse. Kind of ironic you can't get puppet strings solo, it's hard to see why they should be allowed in a solo challenge.
Lies. Just more BS that people who got butthurt when Loraen didn't change the challenge to fit exactly what every random person who whined about clickies wanted.

Necros and chanters RARELY used strings. Eventually they had to qualify their kill as using strong clickies if they did. And shamans only needed strings to kill shit that was crazy impossible to kill otherwise; they regularly were in the back of HS east or crypt or whatever killing stuff with a wolf pet. A lot of the people who did the original SAC didn't even own strings (like me).

And, again, anyone with more even half a brain understands that when some cleric posts that he solod DS using 6 string charges and a pre-nerf clicky BP, it's a fun thing for him and a novelty to read about but nobody was claiming more than that.