View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 07:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
great work, but be careful not to stray too far from the origional feel, like this shield for example doesnt make me think of origional art, it looks like a new version of old art. which is basically luclin graphics so, careful!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin textures are great, by the way - if SoE released new textures for classic item and character models with Luclin I would always use them. The only thing that was shitty about Luclin graphics were the character and some NPC models, not the textures. And the main thing that made Luclin models shitty were their animations, although some of the models were just downright shitty by themselves.

So there weren't any Luclin textures for classic item or character models - they were all designed for completely new models that were included with the expansion, and the Luclin and on item models were really fantastic. Saying it looks like Luclin item graphics to me is a huge compliment, because that's sort of the one thing they got right with Luclin. Luclin zones were pretty cool too.

But again, we're probably going to include a package that is only upscaled stuff and nothing touched by us, which will be much lower in overall quality but much truer to the original textures.