View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempoguy80 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I decided to give Agnarr an honest effort, having never played live since velious launched and then discovering p99 in 2015. There are a number of things I like: a map (and being able to see your groupmates on the map), being able to see other people's mana bars, instancing when zones are full, buff timers, no CR, and the landscape graphics to name a few.

It is a lot easier than p99, which takes away somewhat of the challenge that p99 represents, and makes people more careless. The fear of death isn't there as it's more a minor annoyance if you die since you have all your gear when you return to bind. But on days I have an hour or two to play, agnarr presents a very nice option. If I'm in a zone and I can't get out I can just click origin and I'm back at my hometown. I have not really run into the kronos farmers, as I am only level 15, but I hear they are out there among my guildmates. Another con are the horrible elf character models, and that many animations do not work on the new models. I also cannot stand the advanced loot menu.

All in all I am enjoying Agnarr, and will continue to play on there while dropping on my p99 friends when I have more free time like on the weekends.
Adv. loot is one of very few complaints I have coming back to live. You can turn it off though if you are by yourself or loot master. I'm sure it'll be nice once I get the hang of it. Theoretically nobody can ninja loot in a group if the loot master is trustworthy.

I don't LOVE the new cash shop weapon and armor aesthetic augs but they give no advantage (minus turning crap weapons magic) and I'm fairly certain I could turn them off client-side if I start feeling more ambitious.

My desktop finally died this week so I'm down to a laptop atm. Hoping the parts I ordered will be here tomorrow, or friday so I can get back to it. New servers are always fun, it's nice seeing old zones so heavily populated again, and it'll be good to store some krono early on. I mean people are selling them for 1-1.4k from what I saw. That is super cheap. Spend an hour at seafuries now to afford a fungi or better later? Yes please.