Thread: P99 Add-Ons
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 07:53 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, I'm definitely a GINA stan. Taken to its extreme it can force you to think more creatively, and depending on your RegEx knowledge will let you do some really neat and convenient things. I programmed a set of triggers which display my tracking target and places an arrow on the screen pointing in its direction, for example. And a set of triggers which display a con-color box next to my target window whenever I use my /consider hotkey, which makes it so much easier to tell when something is light blue vs green.

I think the best case you make for GINA is the really arbitrary organization of text channels in the Titanium UI, in which "Other" seems to encompass a ton of completely unrelated categories which you mostly don't want lumped together in one chat window. GINA allows you to more or less design your own ancillary UI and streamline more important information into separate areas of the screen. It lets me know if hide or sneak failed through an audio cue, which has saved me countless times. It lets me know when the mob has been tashed, or slowed, or snared, or rooted, etc. I think you need to be a bit of a code geek to use it to its full capacity, but setting up really simple things like buff timers, or refresh timers, or spawn timers, or various alerts should be easy enough for the average lay user.