Thread: cryptocurrency
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 02:09 PM
Kobold

Exclamation

Here is a big factor that I've never really seen anyone pitch in regards to Bitcoin in general:

At the very minimum, you have to at least look at the (original) Bitcoin blockchain as a publically available asset and resource. Sure, it doesn't have a "price tag" on it because it is freely available and essentially public domain, but that doesn't mean that it is devoid of any sort of tangible "value." Anyone that holds even a fraction of a BTC unit has to at least look at it as holding a finite percentage of the total work spent (especially in terms of electrical energy spent) in generating the data...and this must be extended both into the past, and the future.

What is the actual price tag or "market" value on that? Surely there must exist some number (because the data was created, and it exists) but the value is not something easy to calculate. It would also span every single global facet of the worldwide energy economy. There is no argument that can be made to falsify the things which I stated. The numbers (if you could derive them) would be completely astronomical. I don't think for a moment that there is even one single person on the planet, even those most intimately involved with the project, that can fully grasp what is at hand and stake here.

There is absolutely no way that Bitcoin units CANNOT be valued (in the future) at anything less than an ever increasing value...The original blockchain will also always be available at least as a root resource in a layered or tiered system. It's not going anywhere; hell, a copy of it might even end up on a thumb drive on display at the Smithsonian some day.