View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 01:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really tried to get into it, even the boxing and instanced raiding. It's not like I wouldn't like to see all the raids I've never seen; I'm not attached to the racing/competition. It's not like I don't multibox the hell out of other MMOs; I have fun doing it. But with EQ, the meta is just so different when nobody picks A class and instead picks 2 or 3 classes... when the road to 60 or the gear you want is shortened...

P99, for all it's issues with the slow timeline, with previous bugs/exploits/mechanics affecting the way things are today, with the raiding scene being what it is, etc? When I log in and play a single character solo or in groups, hoping to get the camp I want but often not getting it, needing to work long and hard for new gear and sometimes still not getting it? That's exactly what classic EQ was back in the day for me.

For me, personally, playing p2002 would be like playing a totally different game. And if I wanted a totally different game, it wouldn't be an emulated one from 2001... haha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Glutton for punishment, I can respect that haha. And yea i can see your point. Mostly just passing time till pantheon ruins my marriage or flops...so enjoying 2002 quite a bit personally in the mean time.