View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 04:00 PM
Sarnak

Some custom ideas that others may or may not have mentioned:

- Drink and food have different timer effects so a simple muffin does not last as long as Shellcracker's Seaside Salad. Also a separate buff window where drink and food that offer bonuses are in affect _after_ the food is consumed. While the game had limitations for its time, it is a bit odd that food in storage is offering bonuses and once consumed becomes null. "Those bear steaks molding away in my backpack sure were buffing me up - too bad I ate it and it's not doing anything for me now."

- Taking an idea from Eve Online, players can hire a broker to sell their wares in the back part of the tunnel (in the open space around Shady) - thus limited in spacing. Their going rates is based upon the selling prices for what you wish to sell; thus the higher the asking price, the more these brokers demand. And for a further cost, every fifteen minutes they will shout the items they are selling. But this shouting range is limited to an area surrounding the area. Thus the outer edge of Shady's circular area might have someone at the tunnel entrance hear the offers, but those in the forest area would not hear squat. If the player does not claim their selling items back before their payment timer is up, any remaining items would go into a lay-a-way type of holding. Thus a player's delay would cost them to retrieve their items! General standing around and auctioning as it current works would still be free!

- To keep things "grounded" to the gaming planet we are on, add bits and pieces of other expansion zones: Broken Skull Rock zones from Legacy of Ykesha, Jaggedpine Forest, even have the lost dungeons randomly appear in their respected area on a completely random timer. That is, a group of players running across Northern Ro daily might suddenly stumble onto a sink hole in the sand. Until they enter, what level the monsters within would be unknown: might be simple, even par, or outright slaughter. And to add a bit more danger, once you enter, the same sink hold collapses onto itself and the group of players must find another way out (one way directional exit).

- Add the various planes from the Planes of Power expansion to parts of the gaming world that would appear to make "sense". As an example, the Plane of Disease would have an open portal from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. in the back recesses of the Qeynos Catacombs where all the evil game masters reside. Obviously players as a whole would not have any AA points so entering these planes would be quite challenging. Those players that worship the Plaguebringer would be barred from entering such holy grounds. The monsters within would have to be revised to be appropriate to other planar equivalents. That is (off the top of my head), a mosquito in Disease should not be the same level as Inny in Hate. While the gods and goddesses themselves should be relatively even across the board, at the same time, being deities over mere mortals should (nearly) result in a win for them and not the players! But if the players do succeed in temporarily slaying one, their treasures should be worth the effort!

- And make players' actions have an effect upon other players. A group of good players slaying Bertoxxulous should have a (temporary) negative penalty against players that worship that now (temporary) slain god.

Wishful thinking!