View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 03:02 PM
Large Rat

I feel ya. It's not just limited to soloing, either. It affects group friendly characters. I think a big part is the fact that everyone is so comfortable and adept at playing EQ now vs back in 1999, to the point multi-camps are normalized which strains the available camp sites.

Just last night there were two players that were barely within the XP range for the area taking what, on an average day, would be 2 or 3 "recognized" camps worth of mobs for level relevant full groups. When it's prime time on a weekend, it makes for a real shit experience for this to happen since most everything is camped as it is.

There were almost no level relevant mobs left for the group we just put together. When approached and asked nicely to pick a camp and let us take one of the camps, per Server Rules, they just laughed and effectively told me to get fucked. When I pointed out the server rules, they said they disagreed with the server rules and consider multi-camps classic and forcing them to limit to one camp is an "exploit" of the server rules. So, they are actively refusing to acknowledge or play by those rules. They further stated that I could go ahead and petition but there's no way a guide will be on before they're done, so good luck and I might as well just deal with it. The reality was pretty much exactly that.

Fun times.