View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

I need to spend more time on my warrior following the patch (mostly have been playing alts when not at a raid).

It is still not clear whether or not procs with multiple effects/counters factor each in separately of if it's a 'per proc' lock in. If it were 400 flat then the 'spell cast' for the sum total should cap at 400 meaning the extra DD is meaningless in a stun/dd combo - but that doesn't seem to be the case. If stun + DD are counted separately and stack additively then the aggro generating components of the poison/disease counter may likewise still stack additively. For something like WESS that has 3 separate components (one component having 4 potentially separate counters); is each component capped at 400 or is it 400 sum total? So yeah, if the direct damage is to be factored in separately as an additional perk; then weapons that have multiple components to the cast should follow the same rule.

Anecdotes being like assholes (we all have them and they all smell like shit); this is all conjecture. Having said that, following the patch I have not noticed a massive drop-off on my threat generation compared to prior to the patch. If it's ALL capped strictly at 400 I should have seen a fairly big drop.

Point is we do not absolutely know other than that the most recent patch shook everything up in a big way.

Ironically the last patch was supposed to only target people casting spells (ie mallet clicks) their class cannot cast. Whether it was intended to affect procs ... maybe or maybe not. The real collateral damage is that for people actually casting spells from their spellbook ... they got hit too. Playing my paladin the drop off in aggro per cast of spells from my spellbook (not intended to be affected) was REALLY noticable. It now takes 2-3x casts of blind to equal relative threat blind used to generate. Stun is similarly affected.

For warriors this is a potential perk as it also means slows/tashes/etc that used to generate tons of competing threat are now likely capped at the same 400 threat per cast.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 04-05-2019 at 07:19 PM..