View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 04:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DromalPhrenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are you competing for a mob you cannot kill at the time in the first place? I don't understand it. I raid far less than many other raiders, which means less EQ fun, less DKP, less loot. EQ is in many ways a game about time dedication. I really don't understand more than a minimal lockout to start clearing. If Tunare spawns at night and I can't afford to lose sleep (this kind of thing happens a lot to me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ), that's my problem, not yours. If this is true for enough of my guild, then I guess we don't kill Tunare this week!
The mob was contested because there was an agreement in place that stated they had 12 hours to start their clear. Why do people kill Statue when they cannot kill AoW until they've had 20 minutes to recover their mana? HMMMM????

Making the lockout so short that only AM can capitalize on the lockout means no lockout agreement. No agreement means PoG becomes a nightmare.

Doesn't matter if you think you deserve it more because you're willing to raid when others are sleeping. Only thing that matters is you're able to get other guilds to agree to your terms, and terms that dick all the other guilds aren't going to get agreed to.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.