View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Personally I really enjoy good MMOG PvP. My mage in WoW had a ton of fun in the battlegrounds, for instance.

With Red I don't think the problem was that EQ PvP can't be fun, it was the griefing. PvP in MMOGs needs to be channelled. Either the game needs to be specifically setup for griefing, so that it's "part of the fun" and contained (think pirates in EVE online), or it needs teams, like WoW, DaoC, or even Sullon Zek.

And you also need people to be able to invest in their characters. Teams tend to promote that by having team starting areas where the other team can't reach, but on Red you could be griefed in the starting areas by a fungi-wearing de-leveled character.

But I really do think an EQ PvP server could be fun ... with teams, and with a ruleset that encourages combat over griefing and offers new players a chance to level up and get invested first before PvP is forced on them by someone with schadenfreude issues.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-09-2019 at 03:19 PM..