View Single Post
Old 11-28-2019, 12:43 PM
Sarnak

Played a few rangers on blue and am one on teal again. I am wood elf and still put all my points into wisdom this time around.

Maintaining our buffs 55+ is very mana intensive. The longer duration stuff like coats, skins, Strength of nature, call of earth, str buff do eat nearly your whole mana pool once an hour. Thats not so bad.

Maintaining the short duration buffs like Call procs, dmg shield, chloro are another conversation and a way bigger detriment to the mana pool.

I try killing only using snare/root/panic animal as the most efficient way to sustain kill rate at the cost of killing a little faster. (polar bear pits for example) If you want to Nuke and DoT it starts getting rough.

Of course Hp Regen and bind wound can reduce the healing we need to do but we cant avoid healing ourselves all together. The extra mana wont be wasted, that is for sure.

Mana regen would definitely be more important than total mana but thats a different discussion I think. Definitely feel that there is a case to be made that extra mana would be as useful as some of the negligible stat increases from Sta or str which are much easier to max or nearly max. Wisdom is tough to raise. Even at max lvl you wont always be raiding. Grouping and farming is a big part of our end game life and mana has a role.