View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

Played a wizard on live. Don't recall this change with Staff of the Temperate Flux. If it ever happened, which I doubt, it was so short lived that it's not even memorable.

9/2003 https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...06391898754180
This is further down the line but the functionality seems the same as always and pretty definitive:

Quote:
JMTC. This staff is probably the most used item in the wizard ******** How so? Well.. at 65 I still use it to pull mobs while on the run. It is instant cast which makes all the difference in the world since you can "run by" pull. You dont have to stop. You just right click from inventory and the mob chases you. Very nice when you are on horseback etc.. and stopping just means a slow restart to a run, or you are in a hot spot with other nasty mobs and stopping to cast some agro getting spell will just put you in harms way longer than is good for you.

I have also used it in lowbe places to pull the entire zone to AE them all. For example when I messed up some faction with emerald warriors and wanted it back I went into crushbone with my wizard just running around targetting while running and right clicking the stick. Pretty soon I had the entire zone running around after me. Since I was too high to agro any mob by proximity this saved me a ton of headache in stopping to hit a mob to get agro.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ