View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Gorenaire has a cold-based AE that applies a 70% attack speed slow to everyone in a wide radius around her and is really hard to resist. Spells are not affected by this, so wizards are really helpful to defeat her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have seen posts that say Wizards are the worst class in the game; I have seen others that suggest that they are the top raid DPS on AoW and other Kael fights.
Since any given wizard has a set maximum mana pool, they will do a fixed amount of damage per raid target (assuming they live through the whole fight). If the fight is long, melee classes will out-DPS wizards. However, the shorter the fight gets, the better the ratio of damage wizards will have. They do the same X damage by dumping their mana pool whether the fight is 40 seconds long or 5 minutes. In fact, each wizard shortens the fight by some amount; so the more wizards you have, the better wizards become. For each raid target, there is some critical number of wizards where if you have enough of them, they top DPS. Too few wizards and melees will do more over time. I'm finding it a little tough to explain it in one sentence this morning, but perhaps you get the idea I'm trying to illustrate, and perhaps someone else can describe it better.