View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 07:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That sucks, I have never had an experience that negative with any player on Green. Normally everyone on Green is nice to the point where it’s almost weird how nice they are.

But that same sort of situation can happen with a chanter, just in a different way. It just boils down to being greedy or not. Being greedy means going for a kill when you don’t have the health or mana to handle multiple things going wrong. Usually for me it just requires being a bit more patient when medding. Although 3 resists in a row is pretty nuts and hard to plan for. Chanters can reset fights with mez/blur, which is definitely handy

You absolutely do not need to carry around -MR gear to hand to pets. My chanter has almost no problems with charm breaks at 335 buffed charisma. I acquired this much charisma at level 20ish by farming pp, you can get that much for like 2k gold. The downside with cha gear is you sacrifice a good chunk of int. I only have like 128 int, which means a relatively tiny mana pool. This means once you commit to charming, gear-wise, you will probably tend to drift towards reverse charm killing to be efficient. Because spells like slows, dots, nukes, all that stuff really taxes your already small mana pool. Reverse charming only uses mana for 2 tashes, 2 roots (more if breaks), 1 charm (ideally), 1 invis, and 1 nuke. That’s not much, and you can regen what you spent in the process

To mix things up you can always find the toughest mob around, give it haste and weapons, and send it on a killing spree. Then when it gets low, break charm, root it, blur it and watch it heal to full in a minute. Then repeat. The downside is it will be eating 50% of your exp, there’s no way you have the mana efficiency to try to do more than 50% of the damage. So this method is really more for farming pp or just having fun. Reverse is by far the best way to exp, solo
I'm wondering if there might be a playstyle of enchanter that supports high INT. I have a ton of it on my wizard that I'm either going to sell or transfer to another class. I'm also a fan of tradeskilling and having a low INT for that is painful, especially given how much the enchanter class supports a tradesman lifestyle.

But that said I'm less worried about the enchanter having a chain of resists than I was as a wizard. At least the enchanter has a MR debuff, that should help things greatly on that front, right?

Are there going to be instances where I might not always have a pet to charm available, and what can be done during them? Let's say I'm off in the middle of nowhere in WK camping one of the HG spawns? There's nothing like "diminishing returns" on charming, and I can theoretically keep the same pet forever if I wanted, right?

From my experiences as a mage, sometimes I'd just let the pet take 50% of the exp depending on the situation. I'd rather kill the mob and come out alive than try to be the most efficient. As an enchanter I'd probably rather be safe and just accept 50% of the exp than try to be tricky and end up dying.

(This is precisely what I meant by having so many questions. xD)
Last edited by tadkins; 04-18-2021 at 08:00 PM..