Thread: Dial a Port
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2021, 06:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMO minimum of a pp per level is pretty ridiculous if you’re not on Blue. Depending on the class you could be level 60 and not have infinite amounts of plat on Green.

If I walk up to the WC Druid rings and you’re sitting there watching Netflix and spamming an /ooc about ports why should I pay you 60pp for clicking a button while you binge watch TV? I’m not saying I would stiff you but I think 30-35pp is totally reasonable.

Edit: and that’s speaking as someone who maimed a Druid on Blue. Expecting one pp per level is kind of unreasonable and was never what you got tipped on live. I mean hell for years on live most people tipped 10-15pp per port lol
This is why people stop porting. 1p per level is incredibly reasonable for all the time and effort I, or any other porter, is saving you - especially since a druid is going to toss you a SoW, aside from the lev and/or invis you may need as well. What does it matter what the porter is doing outside of the game? You're paying for the service, the same as you would a rez.

Project 1999 is not Live 1999. People have far more platinum on here than most ever did on Live, myself included. We know all the money-making spots now. It's not very difficult to accrue the amount of money needed to cover ports on the server. I did it twice as an ALS character without any problem - and if I couldn't, I took the boat.

Just my 2c.
Last edited by Indecisive; 05-28-2021 at 06:19 AM.. Reason: Clarity