View Single Post
Old 07-09-2021, 08:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by torr071 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would vote diety based, thats where I hung my hat last til they closed it. Most populated EQ pvp server to date, bar none. And thats when millions didnt play.
EQ FFA just dies as fast as they are born, red 1.0 is eq ffa, hows it doing?
when eq original ended all the rathe servers and rolled them into rallos ruleset (FFA) how'd that decision go? would you say that decision was made on purpose by Smedley to forseeably end EQ pvp? pretty much.
There was a population. They fucked it up by amongst other things handing the decision keys to people like Sirken and Derubael who made such shockingly bad decisions that it made people like me question if i should invest time at all on a server where it looks like either A) The decisions are made consciously to wreck the population, for some opaque reason. B) They are just clueless, with the same results.

With a good start theres no reason i couldnt see the server's 600 pop staying close to that. On day 1 i realised they were going with xp loss in pvp and i couldnt believe it. It was obvious it was going to kill the pop, and it did. Just when the server gets a breather, Sirken comes in during Kunark like lulz i know whats the problem, xp is too fast. Im gonna nerf it, population is going to dip but get better afterwards. Like wtf was that. Things like that slowly eroded people's faith that the server was ever going to pick up.

Eq pvp died because WoW (and other MMOs) came out and siphoned the population. It was a much better pvp game. EQ can still be fun, but yeah.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 07-09-2021 at 08:26 PM..