Thread: JUNK BOX 24.0
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2021, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

Unfortunately it isn't important enough for me to "get it myself"

With the time resources I have between being a husband and father and $ provider for my family and whoever else might need help, there isn't room for me to re-reverse engineer EQEMU to hope to get up to p99 speed within the next ten years.

Juice just isn't worth the squeeze.

So my strategy is to spend time here when life permits and talk about eq pvp whenever possible and advocate for a second pvp server. While it may seem like a lot of work, I'm paid to keep up to date on emails each day and it takes mere moments to check a few subforums on p99.

So in the case of red 99 2.0 I expect someone who has already spent the skill and time to copy paste red 1.0 with limited time devoted to new hardcoded rules.

For them its an extra ?? 8 hrs ?? and whatever begging energy I put in. For me it would be an extra 20,000 hours probably. P99 took a very long time to get to where it is today with dedicated staff and community members. I really like this staff and community and would rather participate in a second server here than start my own.

I have volunteered to contribute my time as a guide to support these servers but I don't think they're looking for people with zero professional computer experience.

What I offer is reliability and honesty and a genuine passion for the game.

So yeah any way I can help make a new good pvp server come about, I am willing to do. Starting from scratch is something I can't justify and even if I could, I'm afraid of whether or not I would even want to play by the time I finish.
Lost but not forgotten.