Thread: Game Mechanics: Guild War
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2022, 07:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[*]Do names show red for people you can attack due to /guildwar?
Searches so far have only turned up one image connected to a guild war, but it's possible there are more associated with these two character/guild names.

https://web.archive.org/web/20030120...c/kul_comi.jpg

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[*]Must the leader of the target guild be online and/or in the same zone to successfully invoke the /guildwar command?
https://web.archive.org/web/20000205...e.cgi?read=150

17:59:50 Feb 05, 2000

Quote:
Open letter to the Wolves of Odin guild
Posted By: Keefer Attaturk, Guildmaster of Albion
Posted On: 6:27 a.m. 25/5/1999
Subject: Open letter to the Wolves of Odin guild

Sadly, Albion now considers the Wolves of Odin enemies. We will treat the members as hostile. We will grant them no services and offer them no assistance. Our outstanding /guildwar challenge remains.

Our reasons are simple. A guildmember of theirs led a train onto a party of ours causing two deaths. Instead of apologising he became abusive and tried to killsteal and deliberately dragged more trains. When I attempted to contact his guild leaders I was put in contact with the guilds' second-in-command, Vanderben.

Vanderben claimed to be the guild leader and was hardly apologetic. He was abusive, arrogant and challenging. He challenged us to war verbally. We accepted but when I tried to instigate the war with the /guildwar command it turned out he was not the leader. He told us that the real leader Siegmund was with him RL but when I asked that Siegmund logged on, he refused and became increasingly insulting stating that their preferred tactic would be to 'train us' instead.

So the Wolves of Odin refused to accept the official /guildwar challenge despite their earlier taunts and provocation. The leadership is clearly cowardly, honourless and incapable of acting responsibly regarding the repercussions caused by the actions of their guildmembers.

We are aware that the Wolves of Odin recruitment procedure is somewhat open. They appear to invite anyone interested in joining a guild, therefore by and large many members are innocent and have no idea of the type of guild they are joining. I would take this opportunity to remind those individuals that they can leave the guild by targetting themselves and typing /guildremove.

It is a shame that we must call this guild an enemy and more of a shame that they refuse to accept the /guildwar challenge.

Keefer Attaturk,
Guildmaster of Albion
Additional information...

https://web.archive.org/web/20000901...8,18450,.shtml

01:25:35 Sep 01, 2000

Quote:
#1 Name: sedoma () Date: 6/6 @ 9:10 AM PST
I do not think you are allowed to recruit during a guildwar friend, but good luck.
#2 Name: Alarik () Date: 6/6 @ 9:18 AM PST
its gonna be a massacre!!!!!!! am selling tickets! for 5pp. a seat, just kidding........
#3 Name: Alaric (*) Date: 6/6 @ 11:43 AM PST
Hey you stole my name!!!! Imposter :P
#4 Name: Tallondrakae Darktide () Date: 6/6 @ 13:03 PM PST
You cannot recruit during a guildwar....I have led my guild through three such events. =P