View Single Post
Old 10-05-2023, 06:23 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is not a game in development. The devs here, 99% of the time, do not make creative choices; they merely work to reproduce EverQuest as it was in 1999, which is full of awkward and finicky mechanics like what you’ve described. No amount of people posting about wanting this or that mechanic changed will influence them to do so.

If you having trouble getting interrupted while casting, one thing you can do is stand against the wall, or, better, in a corner. This makes it harder for enemies to displace you.

Each melee hit moves the target a little bit.

As long as you are in the same place when the spell bar completes as you were when it began, your spell will not be interrupted (unless you get stunned). This does not apply to warriors, monks, or rogues, as they do not have the Channeling ability at all.
This version of EQ is not even close to "vanilla" or original classis and the devs have made many changes to the game over time.

Anyway, I am not talking about being interrupted actually. I am talking about the game allowing the cast to completely continue through the casting cycle, yet at the completion of the cast, a message says (to the effect of), "You begin casting XYZ spell, but your spell was interrupted." If that is true, the cast bar would and should stop at the point of interruption.

It does this when I am hit or stunned, etc., and the cast is interrupted. What I am talking about is casting a spell, not being hit, not moving, the cast bar cycles all the way through, but at the end, there is a mysterious, "you have been interrupted" and the spell doesn't execute. That is not correct.
Also see below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be fair, I would recall if casting was that wonky in Classic and I don't. Same shit with WoW Classic and spellbatching. Not all of us were playing on dial-up.
^This^

I am not being hit. I am not moving. I am not being stunned. I played wizard, a druid, a SK and a ranger in original EQ. Never once experienced the issue I am talking about.