View Single Post
Old 12-13-2023, 01:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
31/tick (demi lich) + 21/tick (max meditate at 58) = 52/tick.
Bone bracelet of condemnation = 15 second cast for a 500DD which gives it an opportunity cost of 104 mana (2 ticks) at least.
Deflux = 3 second cast so you won't miss a tick if you're able to sit down (if you aren't, a 15 second cast isn't going well for you either) at 198 mana.

I think the bone bracelet would be incredibly good on any class that's not necro or enchanter. Mana 'free' but extremely long casting DDs feel less useful on a class that already swims in mana. That's just my opinion though, I'm not even 60 yet. I bet it's very nice while leveling since it's just a better JBB. Happy to reconsider if someone with more experience has used it at higher levels. Keep in mind that it's a 0 resist mod nuke though.
You only want to count the difference between sit and stand; you aren't losing lich mana. So call it ~20/tick mana from not medding and ~6/tick hp from not sitting (Iksar 50+ value). 2 ticks lost compared to a deflux, so only ~40 mana and ~12 hp -- which puts you +158 mana compared to casting deflux if you didn't need the hp. 2.5 ticks on average compared to just medding through, assuming you don't time the cast with your ticks, so ~50 mana / ~15 hp cost in general.

I recently got one on my necro that I haven't had a chance to play with but I'm looking forward to it. I'm not sure how well I'll be able to work it into fear kiting (will mobs still be in los and casting range in 15s?), but I've had times charming or grouping (if they can accept the illusion) where it would have been useful.