Thread: Rogue as a main
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2024, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I main a Rogue, and its pretty fun. You have to group to level up for the most part, there's some solo possibilities but they're hard especially if you're not twinked out. I found quest based XP to be some of the best while soloing (sarnak war braids and shardwing courier, the first because the targets are full green in your mid 50's but still give decent XP through the quest drop, and the second because its such a huge XP gain its worth the pain of bow kiting it). Group XP definitely way better though.

Its easy to get to the gear level where you can be helpful on raids since your epic is the easiest in the game, and noone is ever sad to have rogues at a raid. Most of your progression will come from raiding anyway.
Speaking of raids and gear, something I’ve noticed is many ‘low’ level rogues (46-54) show hesitancy in seeking help to get their epic. I’ve seen reasons like “I don’t know anyone in guild”, “it is too early”, “I’ll appear greedy/pixel hungry” or “I’m not worth their time”. However, my experiences call these thoughts into question - in all the guilds I’ve been in people have been very keen to help out on rogue fights - whether to schedule something or even just do it at a drop of a hat - even if that rogue is a level 46 app that nobody really knows.

So yea, don’t be shy: ask for help - many people in guilds are there to have adventures and help people out. You won’t put anyone out bu asking for a rogue epic - instead you’ll give them a fun adventure and hopefully a nee friend! Ps it will help out your own levelling and dps a lot.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung