View Single Post
Old 01-24-2024, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fairly certain I claimed the quakes are catering to raiders for the most part. Newer players aren't raiding yet. They don't get much in game attention/support from the CSR team here, which focuses mostly on the top end. On Blue there aren't many low levels and on Green a new player can find groups only sporadically. Quakes don't help this.

The quake mechanic doesn't appear to be a huge magnet for new players. Many newer players are finding servers with dev/csr teams that cater to new players as well as top players. Things like special event zones, special rewards, and time limited dungeons. Essentially p99 has competition that has made itself more appealing to the new player base by looking at mechanics for new players beyond quakes.
It's somewhat ridiculous to claim that quakes are monopolizing too much CSR time meaning that new players never get petitions answered. CSR are unpaid volunteers, they get to things when they can. I've had CSR answer me on issues on lower level characters. They do what they can.

Also curious where there is data on newer players choosing servers based on CSR. The only new server we have is Quarm and a ton of those people are people who have played on P99...it's not like there's this massive untapped player base just waiting for the right mix in order to try out EQ. Quarm is also large because it's new...not because of any CSR assignments or anything (in fact, the Quarm CSR policy is even worse because they're all allowed to play on the server, which will inevitably lead to corruption and favoritism).

Saying that new players don't play P99 because of the CSR is pretty ridiculous. New players don't come here because 1. Lots of people just don't know about classic EQ emulators, 2. People are old with responsibilities and simply don't have the time for classic EQ, and 3. The servers are really old and mudflated at this point, lower level zones are hit or miss on whether you'll find groups, and there's lack of clarity on the future of Green/a new server so why join and sink a ton of time in right now.