View Single Post
Old 02-25-2024, 12:42 AM
Aviak

Here's the mostly solo path I've taken with my paladin, which I have enjoyed.

I got to 15 or 16 in Crushbone, since I like killing orcs anyway and love hanging out in gfay.

Then I moved to Highpass, killing mucktail gnolls until 25 or 26. You'll likely have this all to yourself if you try it, which is great because they start greening out in the early twenties and you'll have to clear the whole canyon of them to make up for it. Good faction gains, not that you'll really need them as a Paladin. But it is fun to see the Karana Bandits slowly come around to seeing your point of view, because apparently even the dastardly thieves of the Karanas have standards that the pathetic mucktails fail to live up to.

The normal move after this would be to join in on goblin killing in Highkeep, but I've done that before and wasn't interested in repeating the experience. So I tooled around in Mistmoore and a few other random zone searching for something interesting until the low thirties, when I finally found SolA.

SolA took me from 33 or so to 42, and was both great fun and very profitable. The goblins drop Fine Steel weapons and High Quality ores, which can be sold to the gnomes in the same zone with ease. This is a great zone for mastering Paladin pulling and crowd control with lull and root, since the gobbies are packed in like sardines. Imagine if Highkeep's basement was an entire zone, and you have SolA.

At 42 I tried Spectres, and found them quite boring. I decided to go to Lguk instead, and found a home at the Assassin/Supplier camp until about 50 when almost everything had finally greened out. Also a very profitable place to adventure, as the bag and belt the Supplier drops can be easily auctioned off for plat for upgrades.

I'm currently about to hit 52, still down in Lguk just a bit deeper in the zone, where things spawn at a higher level. I expect to make at least 55 here, and maybe even more. After that, I'll find somewhere else I'm sure.