Thread: SK Race Choice
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2024, 12:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A turnkey Inny’s Curse is like 100k+. A Lord of Pain’s Khukri is like 15k?

By far the worse thing about iksars is the 2h swing animation. Shroud of Undeath or a Soul Defiler will fix that though.
I agree that if you plan on never raiding with your SK or getting Epic, then Greenmist can be a good stopping point for very casual players. But then the 25 MR argument for raiding is off the table, for example.

I generally caution against people assuming their characters will never reach level 60, unless they are very sure of themselves. P99 is a game many people play for years. You can change your mind in a couple of years in terms of what you want your character to do. I never thought I would raid when I started playing, but that changed over time.

Greenmist isn't good enough to be something you would choose your race over. Blood Ember will also help you while leveling, so it isn't like you are losing a leveling tool by not picking Iksar. Blood Ember saves you a lot of mana, which is an SK's main bottleneck. This is especially true if you are a Troll/Iksar with Fungi Tunic. You are already going to be regenerating more HP than mana while sitting.