View Single Post
Old 04-15-2024, 01:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the other thing us nonwizards love when wizards do is quick response nukes, either for mobs fleeing without snare/dangerously close to causing adds if snared, or when an add is stuck on the cleric or enchanter and the melee arent getting it off easy. just Boom drop that sucker.

edit: also be ready with Evac, and vocal about offering/doing it. everyone would prefer to have to break back into camp rather than wipe, as long as they get a heads up that youre casting/ready to cast it
Ya, I tend to wait until a mob is ~40% hp to start casting, usually execute it around 15-20% as its about to run.

Another thing I'll add is, try to stay fairly high on mana. Wizards are unique in that unlike a lot of other classes, if shit kinda hits the fan, Wizards can go nuclear and put the situation back to normal by just murdering something.

Or, similarly, as things get low you can essentially function as an executioner to let the rest of the group more quickly move to the next target. It's a boring life, most of the time, but I always really enjoyed grouping on my wizard and knowing that 90% of the time I'm just kind of idling, and I can push on the throttle when its needed. There's something fun thinking about most classes can kinda go full bore if they want to but wizards have to very consciously hold back for most of the fight because their DPS is so high when they want it to be.