View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't have an existing Enchanter or Necro already, I would just roll Enchanter. You will probably get more group requests, and they have a higher endgame ceiling than Necromancer.

Necromancer is easier to play though, so that is the better option if you want a playstyle that doesn't require as much focus.
It's funny, I actually find Enchanter leveling simpler. Like sure it requires focus and monitoring the HP of two mobs/being ready for a Charm break, but once you get the hang of it it's so simple. A lot of the time once the fight is going it's just sit, med, break Charm, two nukes, done.

Necro pre-root is like okay how many ticks till fear wears off, if the mob paths toward me sufficiently get up and move so you have enough space with the snare to re-fear, etc...I mean, still very simple but I actually felt like my Enchanter leveling was less active a majority of the time (speaking about general XP content not like deep dungeon diving).