View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's funny, I actually find Enchanter leveling simpler. Like sure it requires focus and monitoring the HP of two mobs/being ready for a Charm break, but once you get the hang of it it's so simple. A lot of the time once the fight is going it's just sit, med, break Charm, two nukes, done.

Necro pre-root is like okay how many ticks till fear wears off, if the mob paths toward me sufficiently get up and move so you have enough space with the snare to re-fear, etc...I mean, still very simple but I actually felt like my Enchanter leveling was less active a majority of the time (speaking about general XP content not like deep dungeon diving).
I agree. Enchanter leveling by Charming trash as you describe isn't that difficult once you get the hang of it. You can also play it really safe by not hasting/torching your pet if you want to. Slower kill speed, but less chance of a bad break going south.

Necros are a bit lazier because you don't need to find a mob to charm (just use Skeleton pet), and FD saves you recovery time. Worst case scenario an Enchanter will have to gate to save themselves. Depending on the zone that can take a little while to get back to where-ever you were, and it can mess up your respawn timers.