View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

The beastlord class was fine.

The lore was pretty bad. A lot of people don't like the idea of going to the moon in a fantasy MMO. And the fact that the playable race were ridiculous catpeople.

Most felt the new character models were terrible. I never played with 'em and was thankful I was a shaman so I didn't need a horse.

The Bazaar, while convenient, ruined the social aspect of trading. The teleportation system was just the beginning of the instant travel of PoP.

Many didn't like having such a daunting amount of AA to grind after sitting on their character progression at 60 for so long. On the flip side, Paludal Caverns had too high a ZEM and drained the old world newbie dungeons dry.

The content was very hit or miss. The best part of this expansion was Ssra Temple which was an amazing raid zone where they got everything right. Lord Inquisitor Seru on the other hand took forever to prepare for, and the fight itself was mega long and somewhat boring.

And then at the end of Ssra Temple, one of the most amazing raid zone in EQ, you reached Vex Thal which was complete and utter shit.

It's a mixed bag. I personally think the expansion was decent for AA and Ssra alone. But they fucked a lot up. It was the first expansion that wasn't completely solid and pretty much anyone had a gripe with some aspect of it. If you weren't a high end raider, you missed the good content. If you were a high end raider, you had to deal with the shit pile that was VT.

Also the best Luclin zones such as Acrylia Caverns were criminally underutilized.

lol wut
Last edited by Mardur; 09-25-2011 at 11:32 AM..