Thread: TR RECRUITING?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 08:26 PM
Aviak

Send a message via AIM to LevinJ

Btw, I recall a personal example of TMO/DA's player strategy that I will share. About a month before Kunark (right around the time of the IB/DW merger) we were in a poopsock-a-thon for Inny against DA. DA ran right in to Inny's lair and sat on his spawn point. At some point, a warrior from DA starts sending me tells trying to recruit me to DA, says they need more mages.

I am trying to remember the warrior's name... I think it had Swift in it? He told me he was a member of DA's core raiding team and might have been an officer. So Inny pops and DA is taking their good old time killing him. It seems like their numbers are dropping quickly (they had around 35 in zone) but the number of DA keeps fluctuating. Then, mid-fight, the guy I was in /tells with goes offline and doesn't return until after the fight ended.

After the fight is over and he logs back in, he proceeded to tell me that DA's Inny kill strategy was to log out multiple characters at Inny's spawn point for each player present and to switch chars when one dies and log in the next one and keep engaging. So about 35 real people with a couple chars each.