View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 01:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caravelle1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After a month of playing 5-8 hours a night. It dawned on me that I'm not really having that much fun. I've played the majority of PvP mmo's starting with Ultima Online, shadowbane, FPS shooters, Warcraft, Starcraft, and Dota clones.

Everquest PvP mechanics really suck. It's by far the single most imbalanced PvP game I've played. I'm not saying this cause I'm upset with my class or anything, in fact I think chanters are too good and probably need to be toned down here. PvP is BORING, there's very little variability in the skills or how you can use them on people.
EQ does not promote even fights. In my history of EQ > Playing on Sullon Zek for 4 years, and a few previous boxes to this one. I have NEVER seen an even matchup, or anything close to resembling a fair engagement. Out literally thousands of fights someone is either low on health, the groups are uneven, there's a mob agro'd on them when you engage, OOR healers, trains, zoneline disconnects.

I WANT a challenging encounter. DAOC comes to mind if anyone has ever played it PvPers respected each other and enjoyed even fair fights, so much so that if there was a 8 vs 8 fight going on, and some random people walk up and attack, the groups would disengage from each other, kill the randoms, and then restart the fight.

Not sure what I can ask for or expect. What I thought would be cool was a EQ server in a classic setting, but balance the chars for PvP. Which wont happen ever, so I'll look for something else maybe.
Exp bonus wouldnt hurt either, I'm near 50, but I feel really bad for people and see them quitting too because they find time to spend 3 hours grinding, and make 1 blue of exp.
If you find anything good let me know lol