View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 12:18 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda
Default Why 2-boxing results in a permaban

This was originally posted by Rutaq. I think this post is AMAZING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutaq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cheaters aren't all evil but I don't want to play with them. Maybe the Cheaters should get together and build their own EQ server then they can all break the rules together [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think the reason players take cheating seriously is because the game is competitive and requires a HUGE amount of time investment and endurance. 2 Boxing directly impacts others because it allows people to level without the similar time investment, the EQ level grind is a big part of the game and most people can't handle the work it takes so they never get to high level.

There is no polite way to Cheat, 2 Boxing doesn't happen by mistake. You decided that the rules don't apply to you and hoped that you could fly under the radar.

2 Boxing impacts everyone:
  • It screws with the economy since it quickly creates more high level farmers.
  • It screws with PvP since it creates more high level characters to quickly fill guild ranks.
  • It screws with the game, since it allows solo players to more quickly level without the need for other players.

And finally it encourages more cheating since with a single GM it is unlikely that she could catch everyone and a slap on the wrist punishment is worth it for the possible HUGE gain in levels.

I can't be the only other player that has seen a PvP game go down the drain due to casual cheating, duping,etc. With the lame justifications that "its not really cheating everybody does it" , "Dude you have to cheat to keep up with all the cheaters" , " who cares it's not like I am hurting anybody else" ...

Be happy with the XP gains on RED and let the Cheaters be Banned.