View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am still interested in hearing proposals for better end game systems. In the past, I have tried to comment on the ones I thought were good and still in the spirit of classic, non-instanced raiding.

If there was a perfect system in which raid targets spawned simultaneously within a certain window:

• Would guilds still poopsock?
  • Would a single guild still get most of the targets?
From what I've seen, raiding guilds on p99 have far greater numbers than were historically on my eqlive server. I would hate to make a system that somehow made things worse :T

Anyways, keep up the proposals. Hopefully something is suggested that supports more guilds getting targets without diminishing competition.
Here's a list for you Nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
  • What is your definition of competition in PVE EQ? I just don't think this whole concept makes sense really.
  • I'm a scientist. You are asking questions that can be verified experimentally and easily. Setup two or three dates where you preannounce when you are going to reboot the server. Measure results. TMO claims they'll still get everything - lets find out.
  • It's not hard to implement anti-poopsocking code. Just make it so that whenever a raid mob spawns, everyone in the zone is immediately evacuated to the zone in and the entire zone is repopped, plus anyone who logs in while said raid mob is up logs in at the zone safe point regardless of where they camped out. The guild that camps out right outside the zone will still have the advantage of course, but it won't be nearly as high as it is now. Part of the reason TMO is so unstoppable at this kind of thing is that many of them have 2 or more L60 toons, especially now with the IB character RMTs. With 2-3 targets in window at most with variance, they can simply park one toon at each raid mob.
  • Alarti is right and Velious is the real answer. Although personally I'm almost inclined to quit just because I'm currently the unluckiest player on the server and am simply unable to win a roll on anything. I calculated that I had a ridiculous 1/1000 chance to go 0-20 something on fungi tunics in 2-4 man groups. I just have to laugh at guys like Treats and Quizy because I can kill the king easily duo, I just can't beat the RNG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]