View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Fire Giant

Since Nilbog made it clear that the red server is Rogeans domain, I then direct my other post to Rogean instead:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr0llb0rn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me remind all the people talking about how the "box has failed". JUST last week the server had a series of conflicts that many on all sides described as the best pvp since the server opened.

Please refer to this thread that contains multiple pvp videos within as proof:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=75206

This was not in some "golden age" of pvp back in January or whatever, this was LAST WEEK.

This proves that the server has what it takes to be that classic red server everyone always wanted, its 100 percent in the playerbases hands to make that happen.

To Rogean: in classic red everquest, the best pvp has always been over contested content. The problem right now is a lack of content for MANY former players. They have full fear gear, they have full hate gear, they have farmed every valuable item from lower guk and solB 10 times over. They have leveled their main to max level, they have leveld alts to max level.

In short, they have "consumed" the content. And then just logging in to play zone plug wars or what amounts to meaningless pvp (pvp that does not have content control as a goal) gets old fast.

The remedy to this situation is: ramp up the "accelerated timeline". The pepole need content to control, which leads to pvp, which leads to what we saw last week in the above link, but on a far larger scale as all those maxed out 50's log back in to consume and fight over the new content.

This is the true situation with the server, but luckily its very easy to fix.

RELEASE THE CONTENT..and let the war begin anew.