View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Personally, I carried a gun as a teenager from time to time because it was the nineties and it was thug life ***** so we all strapped. The only times I was ever a victim of gun violence(shot at a few times, held hostage for a few hours) I was armed. Since becoming an adult I have never carried a gun. I've owned several houses, a farm, and numerous cars and none of them has ever been taken from me at gunpoint. No one's ever tried, even. My anecdotal evidence would thus suggest you are more likely to be involved in a gun-related altercation if you are yourself armed. Derp.

So you were a teenager carrying a gun and thought to yourself that you were a bad ass. Your mentality as a teen was most likely the culprit of why you were a victim, not the fact you carried a gun. Your evidence suggests you are more likely to be involved in a gun-related altercation if you yourself are an idiot. There is no difference between the 90s and 00s regarding "thug life *****" the only difference is you grew up some and go a tad more wisdom. If you think owning a gun would cause you to become a thug again and do stupid shit, well then, you are doing us all a favor by not owning one.