Thread: Game Mechanics: Pulling while Invisible
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't find the patch note that says mobs will treat dispels as a hostile action either but I can find a bunch of everlore posts clearly stating the approximate time of the patch and that reinforce my statement.

I'm on the prowl too!
to be honest I was a kid in 99 and read patch notes with a SK filter in my mind... But what I remember of the despell change was a simple statement that it will now cause agro if successful.

as for the invs pulling... Sorry its 'leet hax' but it is a valid tactic and much like fd pulling... Not what they had in mind, but it became part of a classes skillset... The prenerf CoS is really what makes invs pulling worth a darn and imo if they wanted it gone, they would have retroactively nerfed the CoS not just replace it.

the nerf that kills invs killing has something along the lines of how mobs transfer their hatelist to other npc's...and again I am thinking its luclin or beyond as I pulled many a think in luclin cos style.

as it stood before the change mobs broadcasted the player target as it ran, the mobs that then 'hear' it make their own call check on 'agro/faction' after the change the mob passes its con to the mobs it passes if they are on the same faction. The drag corpse thing did not over do invs mods but simply made it so a ranger could not wonder into PoG and cr an entire raid.

Xadion Von'Darkborn - Shadow Knight
Cory Von'Darkborn - Ranger
Brezner Von'Darkborn - Bard
Watermelons Siliconmelons - Corpse/Shaman