View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know enough to vote in the poll. Why is it a bad thing that a class with snare and root can land snare and root? As a cleric I have the spell root! I land it about 1 out of 10-15 attempts! Why is this bad? What makes the old way better? Give me some examples please.

Sure.

Because in classic, when root/snare were effectively landing ~3% of the time against resist geared players, people *still used them* because landing one CC spell has such a large impact + it's easily spammable due to low mana cost and quick cast times.

EQ PvP was not WoW PvP. It could last a long time, especially in outdoor zones.

Utilizing the environment (ie: jousting, sticking to casters, etc) was a core fundamental of the "skill" involved. It is what made EQ PvP what it was. It's what most players want in a classic EQ PvP server.

On live, no class relied on these spells. It was something maybe you'd throw out as random spam against a lower level player, or something you'd try if you were stacking MR debuffs (tash, malo, etc). It was not bread and butter of PvP though. Group PvP was not root spam + assist training one target (fucking terrible).

In Kunark era, I was 50/50 coin flip against a Druid who could not root me. They can kill well enough with SoW + nukes + Winged Death. The fact that I'm going to have a harder time here as a Monk is sort of depressing to me, as is the fact that I won't be able to 1v5 hit and run (which I also did on live) because I'll be having root spammed on me.

I don't think Null would be adverse to changing it to classic. He just isn't actively involved currently or checking the forums regularly (as of last time I talked to him online). I will try to get him to do us all the favor, but I think even if he does make the change then it has to get pushed through Rogean and patched in.