View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default do you think fear makes EQ so memorable also?

For example in a lot of MMOs (and single player MMO style games) you can pretty much run around a zone and be able to kill everything by the end of your quest line.

But in EQ due to being unable to solo and the fact they added in high level mobs in low/mid level zones, for high level quest purposes and sadistic purposes!! a lot of zones you can't really fully explore and appreciate.

to me yes it does because even tho I started in november 2001 and have played many many many hours, on live and on project 1999, I still haven't seen everything, even in classic-kunark mostly because my character is fragile as hell.

To me it is a great feeling, I often go on allazakam and look up zones I was afraid to go too deeply into (such as that crypt in warslik woods, I went once with a group and found it so difficult, that I never went again and even 10 years later i remember the place and the adventure I had)

on the other hand however, even tho I have played this game huge amounts I really haven't seen that much of the world due to these reasons I've been to a lot of the zones but I've never really seen them in full. But due to that it makes me sometimes think about it and I end up searching those zones in google and having a good read.

I just feel that the fear/characters being inept made you appreciate zones more, cause you could never fully explore them.