View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 01:09 PM
Banned

Default Potential new player with questions

First off, I want to say this whole thing is amazing. You people are doing God's work. I used to play EQ back in '99-'00 with a few friends (LAN party style!) and our parents would bark at us to go outside and play. Being a 14 year old kid, I never really made it past level 20 on a dwarf cleric (who I thought could melee his way through life, I was an idiot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) but I still got so much out of that playtime. No modern MMO has ever been able to recreate that feeling with me. I actually stopped playing Guild Wars 2 to pursue EQ again (my co-worker thinks I'm crazy but he doesn't understand!) Enough with the background...

I currently play on the Live servers, for about a week now. And while it's been nice to relive SOME of the classic moments (I had a nerd-gasm hearing the loot sound and seeing the classic character models still in some of the shops in Kaladim)

The experience just is not the same. I realized it when I no longer had an intense fear for the South Ro zone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

One of my biggest complaints is the new character models (luclin?) and I would even prefer the original grey UI as well (as crazy as that sounds)

Sorry, I'm rambling. I'm looking to make the switch from EQLive over to P99. I know I'll have to get Titanium, sign up for EQEmulator and launcher stuff and I know the "boxing" rules but is there anything else I should know before taking the plunge?

I hope I will be asking for a bind soon! I'm dreading my first actual corpse run! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]