View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 04:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The penalty shouldn't go away in a group, it's just supposed to be shared. I don't know where some folks get the notion that the additional experience was drawn out of nowhere. Perhaps they can provide links? As described by Sony, penalized classes (not just hybrids--hybrids merely had the highest penalty, not the only one) simply received more experience per kill in a group. Even if you divide that 40% against the entire group, you still level slower than a non-penalized class. You're right, though, in the sense that it penalizes the player most heavily for soloing.

In the end, I don't care about that. I do care about the significant and non-classic nuisance factor in that my wife's character constantly out-levels mine. I have to spend significantly more time than her online, and in some cases she suicides just to help us stay even. The best I can say is that I tolerate it.

Warriors appear to be on a separate damage table here. I cannot confirm, though.

Danth
I'm sure you've seen this:http://everquest.allakhazam.com/edit...rs_letter.html

now the relevent part:

"This means that we must address the penalty differently: basically, for every kill, after all grouping bonuses and zone bonuses are applied, the experience will be split up according to level, rather than experience. For those classes that do not have a penalty, they will then be given that share. Those classes that have a penalty will get their share, multiplied by their experience penalty. Essentially we are creating extra experience to give to those with a penalty after everyone else has gotten their share."

Of course this is from 01. I thought it was from 99. (I started in fall of 99 I think. I know the rogue changes happened sometime after I started playing. I thought it was only a couple months, but my memory could be wrong).