Thread: Just plain nuts
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Aviak

Default Just plain nuts

Let's get something out of the way, I just lost interest in playing on this server (and eqemu in general) for about 6 months. I think anyway, I haven't been writing down playdates or anything.

Recently I got the urge again and reinstalled titanium. When I remembered my password for my old account I logged back into this server.

Ok, use that any way you want to.

My point is this: this whole xp penalty thing is utterly nuts. What rational basis do you have for it as it works now?

Ok halflings get a 5% bonus? The one that supposedly was given to halflings instead of humans in original eq due to database error? Then never corrected as it was considered to be too disruptive?

Explain this to me. I get you made a mistake and gave ogres the halfling bonus, and have corrected it.

But why in the name of any EQ god are you giving them a 5% bonus? What about their racial stats or abilities gives you the idea they need one as opposed to humans who it was supposed to go to in original eq?

Just because it worked this way in original EQ you have to do it all over again?

Let me get this straight. As I understand this you want the original class/race penalties and bonuses to apply. Even if they weren't what was intended (at least from the original game manuals you got with the box). Even if they make no sense (the troll sk with his huge xp penalty vs. the erudite necro).

Then, if you are following the game revision history as slavishly as you appear to be, you are going to "fix" it sometime in Velious?

That point may be up in the air, and I might misunderstand the timetable of when these things were revised in the original game.

But what planet does this whole stupid, convoluted idiocy make sense?

You know how Kunark is (or should evolve) if you fix AC properly, and your server more closely emulates the way it was:

Hybrids won't be very good. I know pals/sk's always have better snap and sustained aggro, but the difference between warrior tankage and hybrid tankage is too much even with xp groups in this era. Plus the damage advantage of warriors with kunark era weapons is pretty sizeable.

I don't remember anyone wanting a hybrid for much of anything in kunark. Since Kunark class armor (deepwater, etc) was tradeable they weren't even useful to loot no drop items. I mean you can always sell your moss to a twink in the EC tunnel.

So why exactly do hybrids have this penalty? I know they hold and get aggro better than warriors, but is that going to be enough for people to want them in a group? Over a warrior?

You people aren't stupid. Plus you have played this game and know how everything played out.

So what exactly is going through your head? I just don't get it.