View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 11:48 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Can't wait until we are on rotation with 4 or more guilds. We'll see how you like that."

I'm not in IB or Trans. I have friends in both guilds, and there are people I dislike in both. I mention that just to indicate my neutrality.

Let's be realistic here--there is *no* solution which will make everyone happy in the scenario I quoted. If you leave it FFA, and if guild 1 really IS the best, well, then you end up with 1 happy guild and 3 guilds full of people who get bored and probably quit playing. Put it on a rotation, and everyone is left somewhat unhappy. Old EQ has problems, and lack of sufficient content at the high-end is one of its worst. This guild trouble makes that problem brutally clear.

That you worked harder than the competition means you got to farm content for weeks before they began to catch up. That's the payoff your work earned. Surely you can't realistically expect to have maintained full lockdown even after another guild (or more) got up and running? No, I know you're more reasonable than to even suggest that. So, what did you expect to happen, realistically?

Danth
Hi Danth. No, that is not my reasoning. It's may the best guild win. I think it's possible for Transcendence to get its act together and be on competing level. I think it's possible for any group of players to get together and challenge any top guild.

Putting guilds on rotation eliminates this. It allows groups of people to put minimal effort. Of course Transcendence, in its current form, is happy with this. Wouldn't you be if you were in that guild? You don't have to do anything except accomplish your goals for that day that you are assigned and the spawn/plane is just given to you regardless of whether or not you earned it.

Then comes a third guild that wants in on the action. Cut the pie some more and so forth. I hope you'd see where I am getting at.

Transcendence is using this as a way to break IB up too. If they were in our position they'd feel the same way.