View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 06:49 AM
Fire Giant

And I tested it again.... and Tillin didn't take the note. Something is amiss.

Either Larsk isn't always exchanging for the correct note, or something else is going wrong. I'm keeping the note in my inventory so you can take a look at it if you need to.

Edit: Caught Gnasher again. Couldn't loot his note, lore item error, so the note that I have in my inventory is identical to the note that I looted.

Edit Edit: Figured it out. Larsk is returning the note if you hand both items to him at the same time, without exchanging it. He will properly exchange it when handed to him individually. In the past he would complete both quests simultaneously. However, I've also observed that quest NPCs in Sol Ro are returning items that they would normally accept if you hand the items to them in the wrong combination. (I.E. Genni won't eat a Lambent stone if you mistakenly hand her the sapphires instead of Gardern, even though a Lambent stone is a valid item to Genni.)

Since multiquesting doesn't work here, NPCs previously had a propensity to eat items and forget about them if not handed in simultaneously.

So it looks like code was added to prevent NPCs from eating items, but it prevents NPCs from accepting items from two separate quests at the same time, even if tecnhnically part of the "same" quest. Not a big deal or even a bad thing, just documenting the details.
Last edited by mmiles8; 07-18-2010 at 07:16 PM..