View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 04:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magikarp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
forum presence matters

im not sure if im alone on this but i think an important aspect of a growing guild is that players shouldnt make death threats irl on the forums
Unfortunately some posts can damage a guild's reputation or standing and I agree that a positive forum presence is absolutely necessary for any guild hoping to recruit and grow.

The irl threats are an odd thing to encounter here that I had never seen until coming to P99 forums. I have never encountered them on other online games but in recent years I haven't spent that much time on forums for games so maybe its just a online culture shift.

I doubt most keyboard tough guys could or would carry out the threats but.../shrug

I think its stupid on several levels if serious. You don't tell someone your coming after them not knowing who they are or what they know. Bottom line is there is always someone bigger and badder on the playground they just may not advertise it.