Thread: Duo Combos?
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihangel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My wife decided she would give it a go with me. We're still waiting for the IP exemption but she chose an erudite wizard to play. I just read her the class descriptions from the wiki and that's what she picked. I didn't want to tell her what to do but I'm kind of thinking I might want to roll a new character to play with her. I was really digging my de enc but not sure that wiz/enc will be able to do well.What do you all think?
Chanter is probably the best thing to add to the wizard.

Wiz doesn't really add a lot to the chanter overall because the only thing a chanter (who likes to charm!) needs is more hp and healing... and wiz doesn't give either of those. Wiz does bring elimination of pets eating xp which is nice, big nukes which are fun, more stuns and roots (and snare) which you can't have too many of, and teleports which are super handy. Chanter buffs Mana regen upon which wizards are 110% reliant to function, debuffs magic resist so stuns and roots and snares and some nukes stick more easily, and can protect the wiz with charm pet tanking and strong CC.

It's solid, especially for leveling up. The two are fine at 60 too, seeing as a solo chanter is strong so adding a wiz can't make it worse! The classes don't synergize in a way that makes this a power duo though. But don't let that turn you guys off on it. Ench+wiz will do very well.

You're in our world now.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 07-21-2017 at 12:02 PM..