View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to toddfx
Default Critical P99 changes to DirectX causing problems?

Back when I created my 3D Fan Art, I was able to get models from the game by using an application called 3D Ripper DX. It monitors DirectX streams and allows you to "capture" the 3D geometry, dumping it to a file for use with 3D modeling applications.

However, today it seems like something is keeping the software from working on P99. I know the P99 patch includes a custom DirectX file: dsetup.dll, so I am just curious if something new has been implemented in the last year that could potentially cause problems like this. Are any changes being made to this file that might inhibit something like this 3D ripping software?

I understand this software is beyond your support umbrella, but I'm curious what has changed to suddenly keep this from working. I tried it on two different computers, both with v22 changes. No luck. But less than a year ago, it worked fine on both machines with P99 (and the software has not been updated or touched since). I don't have a clean/original install of EQ to test it on. For all I know, it might be something else on my end, but while I troubleshoot I figured a quick question here couldn't hurt.

Thanks guys, I hope to get this working again so I can create some more 3D EQ fan art.