View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 07:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's the situation on AE kiting in Burning Woods? Bees and skeles but where is the spot to circle? WTB Map.
And Gorillas, for sure. There tend to be anywhere from 1 to 10 Gullerbacks alive in the zone, but only the one who spawns southwest of the giant fort and circles the crater there can ever summon. And if the Gullerbacks (all of them) aren't totally immune to magic, they are 99.9999999% resistant. I never ONCE stuck a magic-based spell on them... so even if you do manage to aggro the level 51 version of Gullerback, you still will never get him down to 95% so that he starts summoning.

And non-casting sarnaks, maybe. I didn't find it too hard to avoid aggroing casters when you pull, you just need to make sure you don't run too far ahead of your mobs so that a caster ends up pathing across their route and aggroing onto you. Zealots and extremists cast, avengers and champions don't. Sometimes the avengers and champs will still have sow, but that is easily dispelled within 2-3 attempts.

I circled in the flat-ish area near the abandoned building that is just south of the BW zone to SF (it's not totally flat, and there are occasional wanderers up there). If you aren't kos with sarnaks, there is a lot of flat and open ground up near chardok I believe. Seems like most of the rest of the open areas in the zone are littered with fallen trees though, which you can get stuck on or get killed because of altering your circle when trying to avoid a tree or something.

Xp was stellar in there when I started at like 50-51. It was so good that even though I would tend to die every other time, and I didn't usually even bother to get a rez, it was still MUCH faster than any other form of xp you could get. Once I got into 54 though I was only getting maybe 2-3 blues per success (pulling 70-90 mobs usually), but a death cost me 1.5-2 blues... so I called it quits.

But you may have a steadier hand and/or better strategy than I had.
Last edited by fischsemmel; 03-23-2012 at 07:36 PM..