View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

I was a pretty lousy player on live, and most of the information I had from the game I learned from reading Allakhazam.

I played on Innoruuk and made a warrior named Portman I leveled up to 20 or so. Then I realized human warriors with bad stat allocation were pretty bad, so I made a troll warrior named Zanderr that I leveled to 24. Never got past level 24. This probably partially because I didn't have the attention span to grind at the time (I was 12 years old), and also, my parents would never let me sit down and play the game for more than 2 hours in one sitting.

I played in a UK-based guild called Stark Reality, but the only guilds that really stuck out to my from my server aside from mine were Ashen Vendetta for dominating content and Boomtastic Madness because of the name.

I actually ended up buying Velious after I bought Shadows of Luclin because I couldn't afford the expansion pack and received Luclin as a gift. So essentially, I started in Kunark and skipped straight to Luclin...which didn't really matter because I was only level 24 anyway.

I tried out the game a couple times when they would do free weeks over the years, and every once and awhile I would read a lot about the game on Allakhazam. I made a bard in 2005 named Zander that got to level 29 during a free week, but at that point, I think the game was irrelevant due to exp bonuses, veteran status, and too many expansions.

I became interested in EQClassic and followed it for awhile back in like 2007, but then it never seemed like it was getting finished. Found P99 basically out of nowhere in 2012, and this server has allowed me to experience everything I read about but never experienced on live. Honestly, the game feels completely different to me due to how little I actually knew about high-level content and zones.

In terms of playing Velious, I know little to none, so I'm excited and a bit nervous for the expansion release. On live, I ran a level 2 character to Great Divide to see how far I could get without dying, but that's about all I've done there.

Favorite zones on live were for sure East Commons, Oasis, and Lake of Ill Omen.