View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 12:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by thieros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So Juevento(on 60 chanter) and I(60 Cleric) stumbled across an abandoned Ixlebat Fer so we decided to give this a shot duo. We buffed up and pulled Slixn over to DL zoneline. After we, and Slixn, were fully buffed, we both bound there and positioned. I ran out to tag ixy with cancel magic and gated back to the spot.

Upon Ixy arrival, he landed with a ferocious demeanor. Complete heal was fun landing for 10k heals on Slix. With VoG Slix, everything was going well! We even found that with a tsh, you can land Forlorn Deeds on Ixy (after a few attempts). Juev used a wand of allure to get pet under instant control on pet breaks, but on 2nd break Juev bit the dust. Fortunately his computer is fast and he was right there memming allure after death zone. I DA/DB tanked while he waited for allure to pop and got pet under control. agro from pet wasnt enough for Ixy to forget about my several CHes. I bit the dust as soon as DB wore off. Juev and Slix got Ixy to 60% then BOOM, charm broke destroyed us both.

Attempt 1 was a fail. We lived. We learned. We moved on to attempt 2

After learning our problem. Charm break agro, we decidedly needed a 2nd pet so we recruited Sanluen on an epic mage. We did the previous buffing and added a mage pet + DS on Slixn. THIS WENT SO AWESOME! With tash/malo slow and cripple landed great. Cleric mana was on cruise control. for every CH i landed, mana was able to recover between each attempt. But tragedy struck at enrage... Slixn plowed enrage, Ixy turned on epic mage pet Jobekn who didnt last but a couple seconds. without a CH clicky I was unable to keep Jobekn alive. We wiped with 6% left.

Round #3: Did everything the same as attempt #2 except for plowing enrage. Landed sweet loot! ixy sceptre, circlet of fire and some terrible spell not worth mentioning.

super fun to trio. Would recommend to a friend. As a duo this would be pretty tough. The only thing i can think of to make a good duo is chanter/cleric (with puppet strings or a dragon tooth pet)
Nice, I always wanted to try that, but never did. Good job.