View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 07:44 PM
Sarnak

Default Minor Illusion Faction Modifier Bug

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In the course of testing graphic bugs related to Minor Illusion, I transformed with Minor Illusion next to a Dark Elf guard to compare my model size to his. The guard then turned and attacked me! Surprising, since he had been friendly enough to take a picture with me just a moment before. After I came back to the scene of the misunderstanding, the guard was once again friendly to me. Transforming again from a safe distance, the guard began to glare at me threateningly, perhaps jealous of my shape-changing magic.

I created a noob Human/Enchanter/Agnostic and a noob Dark Elf/ENC/Agnostic to do a little digging. After some more casting and /conning, I have discovered that on P99 Minor Illusion unexpectedly changes a person's faction modifier to that of a Human, whereas in Kunark/Velious EQ it should make all things in the world indifferent to the Illusioned player.

Am: Amiable, I: Indifferent, (no Apprehensive), D: Dubious, T: Threatening, S: Scowling.

[U]Faction: ______________ Human ___ w/MI ___|__ Dark Elf ___ w/MI
Freeport Guards (FP Militia) ___Am _____ Am ____|____ T ______ Am
FP Paladins (Knights of Truth) _ Am _____ Am ____|____ T ______ Am
FP Casters (Arcane Scientists)__ K ______ K _____|____ D _______ K
The League of Antonican Bards _ I _______ I ____|_____ T _______ I
Dark Elf Guards (Dread Guard) __ T_______ T ____|____ Am ______ T
DE Clerics (Priests of Innoruuk) _ T _______ T ____|____ Am ______ T
DE Casters (The Spurned) _____ D _______ D ____|_____ K ______ D
(Seeing a pattern?)
Nektulos HFL (Various Rivervale) Am _____ Am ____|____ T ______ Am
RV Guards (Guardians of the Vale) Am ____ Am ____|____ T ______ Am
RV Clerics (Priests of Mischief) __ Am _____ Am ____|____ T ______ Am
Kithicor Bixies (Stonehive Bixies) __ D ______ D ____|____ S _______ D

Every piece of this /con data reflects that regardless of the base race, both the Human and the Dark Elf are affected by the Human faction modifier after casting Minor Illusion. Again, every NPC I /conned should have been indifferent to me under illusion.

Interestingly, Minor Illusion also grants the caster infravision. I don't believe it is supposed to change vision at all.
Last edited by Vermicelli; 09-07-2013 at 05:39 PM.. Reason: fixing broken image links